Study Synchronously Online or On Campus: It's Your Choice STEM-Certified Program
Become an innovator in information technology.
The Master of Science in Information Systems (MSIS) program is a natural fit for those who are ready for an advanced degree in computer science, acquiring the necessary tools to upgrade and fine-tune both one’s managerial and technological skills.
Our dynamic program is designed to shape the next generation of technology leaders, offering concentrations in Network Administration and Cybersecurity, Data Analytics and Database Systems, Technology Leadership/Project Management, and Web and Applicant Development, as well as core courses in technical management and cloud computing.
MODE OF DELIVERY FOR MSIS COURSES:MSIN 609, MSIN 630, MSIN 675, and MSIN 695 courses will be delivered to students through asynchronous education, whereby the learning does not occur in the same place or at the same time. Instead, the lectures are accessed by students on demand and flexibly, so that they individually learn the material where they choose and when they choose. F1 international students must follow the guidance of the Department of Homeland Security regarding classroom presence and can contact us for more information.
For all the other courses:Students may join any class session on campus or online. Professors and students are interacting in real time during the class session, with some students in the classroom and the rest joining online. All students can later re-watch the recording of any class session on their own time to reinforce that evening’s concepts. F1 international students must follow the guidance of the Department of Homeland Security regarding classroom presence and can contact us for more information.
Click HERE to know about the career-changing story of our MSIS alumni, Pratik and Husnal, and their journey with Touro GST in Spotlight article.
Information Systems Program Requirements
M.S. in Information Systems Core Management Courses
Strategic Management of Technology
- Enterprises in many industries are driven by the need to achieve technological innovation in order to prosper or even survive. This course focuses on the strategic management of technology and innovation in firms of various types. These technology innovations can encompass software, hardware, or other forms of technology and even the very processes needed to design, develop, and manufacture the resultant technological products. Students develop an understanding of technological innovation and the issues and strategies for organizing, managing, diffusing, and protecting innovation. This broadens the horizons of students who have concentrated on technical computing and Information Technology courses and require enrichment in the area of managerial science.
Effective Oral and Written Communication for Managers
- Emphasizes the importance of good communication skills for corporate managers in the business world. This course identifies and reviews the foundations of business communication - listening, speaking, writing, and reading - and broadens students' experience by building communication skills using technologies and practical business applications. The goal of this course is for students to become confident, flexible, and resourceful communicators in the competitive intercultural global business community.
Information Technology Project Management
- This course is an introductory course that provides the fundamental principles of technology project management. In this course, students will learn how to use Project Management Best Practices to bring order to the otherwise chaotic world of information technology projects, by defining a set of guidelines and standards, and then adhering to them. The student will learn to view Project Management as a set of tools that are an integral part of business strategy. In addition, students will receive a unique perspective on the issues surrounding the management of information technology projects in various organizations.This course will provide students with a solid foundation in IT Project Management
Capstone Course: Information Systems Research Project Seminar
- Provides students with the opportunity to plan a major research paper or project and implement it from start to finish using a combination of their conceptual, technical, and applied knowledge. As the capstone course in the program, the project developed draws on the skills and knowledge gained throughout the program. Project deliverables have deadlines staggered throughout the semester. Must be taken in last semester.
Select One Concentration in M.S. in Information Systems
- Network Administration and Cybersecurity
- Data Analytics and Database Systems
- Technology Leadership / Project Management
- Web and Application Development
See your selected concentration section to determine which required and elective courses you will need to take in your chosen area of study.
Not ready for a Master's Degree?
If you're an undergraduate student or a recent high school graduate, consider our Integrated Technology Merit Fast Track program. It will enable you to earn a bachelor's and a master's degree in less time for less money, allowing you to take up to nine credits worth of graduate level courses in your senior year of your undergraduate technology program. The credits earned will count toward both your bachelor's and master's degrees. Applying the same credits to both degree programs shortens the time it will take you to finish school, and it will cut the cost.
Graduating with two degrees will also give you an advantage as you embark on your career path. Merit Fast track students who maintain the merit track requirements are guaranteed acceptance to the Graduate School of Technology.
You can earn both a bachelor's and a master's Degree in the following majors:
- Computer Science (B.S.) and Information Systems (M.S.)
- Business Management and Administration Information Systems:
Programming (B.S.) and Information Systems (M.S.)
- Information Technology:
Network Administration and Secruity (B.S.) and Information Systems (M.S.)
For additional information on the Touro GST's Integrated Technology Merit Fast Track program, please contact email@example.com.