At Touro GST we strive to provide a learning environment that helps our students succeeed. To enable each student to make the best of their learing, we've provided easy access to important information.
Health Insurance Coverage for Touro Students
Many students come to Touro already covered by their own private Medical Insurance. However, for those students who require medical coverage and reside in New York State (not New Jersey), it is available through United HealthCare Community Plan (not affiliated with Touro).
Should you have additional questions, please contact our International Student Office at 212-463-0400 x 55607.
Student health and wellness are important for academic success. While the Touro Graduate School of Technology does not offer on-campus mental health services, the GST Wellness Coordinator is available to help students find affordable community treatment for personal, emotional, or substance abuse problems so that they may benefit fully from their academic experience. The Wellness Coordinator may be reached at WellnessGST@touro.edu. When contacting the Wellness Coordinator, be sure to use your Touro email address.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Resources
Information about Mental Health and Substance Abuse Issues
- New York State Office of Mental Health
- JED Foundation Mental Health Resource Center (for young adults)
- Vibrant Emotional Health (formerly Mental Health Association of NYC)
- U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Mental Health Information Center
Helplines/Hotlines (free, confidential, 24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- NYCWell: 1-800-NYC-WELL (1-800-692-9355)
- Nassau County Department of Mental Health: 1-516-227-TALK (516-227-8255)
- Response Crisis Center of Suffolk County: 1-631-751-7511
- OASAS Helpline (NYS Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services): 1-877-8-HOPENY (877-846-7369)
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Resources
- NYC Alliance Against Sexual Assault
- NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE (1-800-621-4673)
- New York State Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906 (English); 1-800-942-6908 (Spanish)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE
Help Finding Substance Abuse Treatment