TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL
The Touro College Graduate School of Technology welcomes international transfer students and new international students. Thinking of changing career paths or continuing your education? It’s quick and affordable to turn your fine arts or liberal arts BA into a technology Master’s degree. Only one semester of pre-requisites necessary, and you’re on your way to a successful future. Ask us how.
International students are a valued part of the Touro GST community.
- Earn a STEM Master’s: Internship and OPT/post-graduate employment opportunities
- Midtown Manhattan location: NYC is the safest large city in the USA according to Safewise.com
- One of the Best 100 Schools for Your Money 2017 according to Time.com
How to Apply as an International Student
Your application must be submitted online at apply.touro.edu. Be sure to submit with your application the following items:
- Application fee of $50.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An essay describing personal goals and objectives in applying to the program of your choice.
- A current resume.
- Immunization records and completed meningitis response form.
- Notarized Affidavit of Support.
- Letter from the bank showing the availability of required funds.
- Two sealed copies of your official undergraduate transcript (one for Touro and one for the evaluating institution).
- All I-20 forms, if you are a transfer student.
- Copy of your passport.
- TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Academic Exam scores.
If you need more information please click here!
Educational Credential Evaluation
We will only process applications for admissions from students who have studied outside of the United States after the school receives the following two documents:
- An original transcript (mark sheet) must be sent to Touro Graduate School of Technology directly from the issuing school. Transcripts issued to students are not considered official documents.
- A course-by-course educational credential evaluation in English is usually required to certify academic work completed outside the US. This should be sent directly to the school by a NACES approved accreditation service. Copies of previous evaluations are not acceptable.
We recommend using Institute of Foreign Credential Services or SpanTran Educational Services. Students applying to Touro get discounted pricing from IFCS and SpanTran for its services. With IFCS use application code "DISNY" to pay $140 for a course-by-course analysis completed within 5 days. Use application code “NYTOURGR2” when dealing with SpanTran. You will need to allow plenty of time between the transcript evaluation and the application deadline, especially if you are currently residing outside of the United States and require a student visa.
International Students And English Language Proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English or who did not attend secondary school or college in an English-speaking country must show proficiency in the English language. This can be demonstrated in one of three ways:
- Taking the TOEFL and achieving a minimum score of either
- 550 (paper-based)
- 213 (computer-based) or
- 80 (Internet-based) or
- Taking the IELTS examination and achieving a minimum score of 6.
- Taking the PTE Academic examination and achieving a minimum score of 58.
Students who completed their undergraduate studies at English speaking schools and can provide documentation verifying that the course of study was in English, may be exempt from taking the English proficiency test.