Frequently Asked Questions
In this section, you will find frequently asked questions related to the Instructional Technology program. For other questions, please navigate on side menu.
Why are there two different options available for the master's degree in Instructional Technology (ITP): Teacher Certification or Corporate Trainer?
- The Teacher Certification Track:
- is for current teachersin the NYC or NYS public school system. leads to NYS Professional Certification as an Educational Technology Specialist (CST 071)
- enables teachersto qualify for a 30 Above salary differential.
- is for those people who wish to work for an education-based company that assists teachers in enhancing classroom instruction by integrating technology throughout the curriculum.
- provides advanced pedagogical, technical, and staff development skills.
Are initial certification or the GRE required?
- Initial certification is required prior to enrolling in the Teacher Certification Track, but it is not required for the Corporate Trainer Track. The GRE is not required.
Does it take longer to complete the program if you do not have a technology background?
- Even if you do not have a technology background, you will not take any additional courses
What are the salaries for someone earning a master’s degree in the Corporate Track?
- According to the Glassdoor Salary Guide, starting salaries vary greatly,from $60,000 to $85,000. To view this guide, please visit HERE