Study Synchronously Online or On Campus: It's Your Choice
Design your future with us
In response to the COVID pandemic, there has been a significant increase in both synchronous and asynchronous remote and distance learning. This badge-based micro-credential is designed to respond to that need and intended for college graduates interested in obtaining Instructional Design knowledge for their field, or career changers who recognize the prospect in Instructional Design careers.
Touro GST's Micro-Credential in Instructional Design and Distance Learning teaches candidates how to design, develop, and implement effective instructional materials and programs for remote and distance learning environments. Candidates will learn about the principles of instructional design, online teaching strategies, and the use of technology to enhance learning outcomes.
This credit-bearing micro-credential is designed to help Candidates gain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the rapidly growing field of instructional design and distance learning. Upon completion of the program, Candidates will receive a micro-credential in Instructional Design and Distance Learning, which they can add to their resume or LinkedIn profile to showcase their expertise in this area. Additionally, the program is taught by experienced industry professionals who will support and help Candidates succeed in their careers.
In this program, you will focus on:
• Understanding the fundamentals of instructional design and how to apply them to distance learning contexts
• Exploring various learning theories and their applications in designing effective remote learning experiences
• Developing skills in designing and developing asynchronous and synchronous learning activities, assessments, and evaluations for remote and distance learning environments
• Learning how to leverage technology and digital tools to create engaging and interactive online learning experiences
• Examining best practices for effective communication and engagement in remote and distance learning environments
• Gaining practical experience in creating and delivering online instructional materials through project-based assignments and peer collaboration
By earning this micro-credential, you will be better equipped to navigate the challenges of remote and distance learning and will have a competitive advantage in the job market. Whether you are a recent college graduate looking to enter the field of instructional design, or a career changer interested in exploring new opportunities, Touro GST's Micro-Credential in Instructional Design and Distance Learning is the perfect program to help you achieve your goals.
Touro GST's IDDL micro-credential's classes meet once a week on weekday evenings for the convenience of working professionals, and students may join any class session on campus or online. Professors and students are interacting in real time during the class session, with some students in the classroom and the rest joining online. All students can later re-watch the recording of any class session on their own time to reinforce that evening’s concepts.
MODE OF DELIVERY FOR IDDL COURSES:
Students may join any class session on campus or online. Professors and students are interacting in real time during the class session, with some students in the classroom and the rest joining online. All students can later re-watch the recording of any class session on their own time to reinforce that evening’s concepts.
- This course explores adult learning strategies and the latest theories in andragogy. Students learn the framework necessary to meet the needs of learning professionals throughout their career as an instructional designer. The focus of this course includes teaching adults in the digital age, discussing current trends in training materials, as well as identifying the latest theories of teaching adult learners. Student’s design and develop training materials, educational activities, and professional development materials that increase the adult learner’s motivation to learn.
Foundations of Instructional Design
- This course teaches students to design instructional activities that are consistent with curriculum goals, based on accepted pedagogy and effective in helping students synthesize information in a meaningful way. Students explore the foundational theories of learning and investigate models of instructional design. The focus is on the process of learning, the instructional plan, the technologies that support this process, and the many ways that teaching and learning effectiveness can be assessed.
Designing Online Instruction
- This course is required for Corporate Track students and can be used as an elective for Certification Students. It teaches instructional design as a creative process that uses a variety of strategies to address the unique needs of learners. To architect highly effective online learning experiences, Candidates will focus on such topics as project planning, content expertise, communication skills, and current technologies to design relevant learning experiences.
Students will synthesize content, evaluate new technologies, and develop learning solutions that best meet the needs of a diverse audience. As a culminating project, students will create, implement and evaluate a short online course about an engaging topic of their choice.
Internship in Instructional Technology /practical experience in instructional Technology
- This project course provides candidates with an opportunity to gain both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of Instructional Technology by designing an innovative instructional design project and training within the corporate field. Additionally, students will gain insight into career alternatives, assess their interests and abilities in Instructional Technology, learn to appreciate work and its function, build a record of work experience, and develop communication, interpersonal and other critical skills necessary for job success. A minimum of 160 hours of work is required for successful completion of the course.
Prerequisites: EDIN 600, EDIN 623 and EDIN 673.
Not ready for a Master's Degree?
The Micro-Credential in Instructional Design and Distance Learning provides an introduction to graduate level studies in Instructional Technology. Students who successfully complete the micro-credential have the option to enroll in the Graduate School of Technology and continue to get their Master’s degree in Instructional Technology. To obtain the Instructional Technology Master’s degree these students would only have to successfully complete the remaining seven courses in the Master’s in Instructional Technology.
We can help you build your career goals!
By earning this micro-credential, you will be better equipped to navigate the challenges of remote and distance learning and will have a competitive advantage in the job market.
Whether you are a recent college graduate looking to enter the field of instructional design, or a career changer interested in exploring new opportunities, Touro GST's Micro-Credential in Instructional Design and Distance Learning is the perfect program to help you achieve your goals.
For additional information on the Touro GST's Micro-Credential in Instructional Design and Distance Learning, please contact email@example.com